“Cleveland Park is the prettiest suburb of Washington... there is every blessing of fresh country air, plenty of elbow room, woods and fields, peacefulness, coolness in summer and comfort in winter.” These words, written to describe Cleveland Park in a May 1903 Washington Times article, ring remarkably true today.
— Cleveland Park Historic District Brochure
Welcome home to this light-filled corner home in historic Cleveland Park. The home is situated in a 13-unit boutique co-op built in 1923 and has been tastefully updated to accommodate a modern lifestyle. Enter through the gracious entry foyer with built-ins and take in the incredibly light filled space with large windows, meticulously preserved light hardwood floors and green views in every direction! Thick walls offer complete quiet and privacy. The large living room is the perfect spot to entertain. The eat-in updated kitchen with charming black and white tile floors is a pleasure to create in and features custom wood cabinetry, a new dishwasher and new microwave. The large bedroom is light filled. There are two large, custom designed walk-in closets with Elfa systems and custom window treatments.
Other features include: Newer AC units (LR 2018, Bedroom 2017); 3 new ceiling fans; new exterior windowsills; in building laundry room; storage space; large community backyard with grill, vegetable patch and entertaining space for outdoor gatherings. The $463 co-op fees (no underlying mortgage) includes taxes, heat, gas, water, storage, laundry, building maintenance and reserves. Supermarkets, restaurants, pharmacies, Target, Metro (Cleveland Park – Red Line), and seasonal farmer's market are all within a 5-block radius.
• Extremely walkable, bikeable and with easy access the Metro, Rock Creek Park and Melvin C Hazen Park
• Historic Cleveland Park is full of fantastic restaurants including critically acclaimed Sababa, Bindaas, Tino's Pizza, Paragon Thai, Indique, and the classic Italian grocery and neighborhood favorite, Vace!
• Two grocery stores within walking distance, Yes Organic! And Streets Market. Near door-to-door Metro to Whole Foods one stop up at Van Ness
• Ample street parking with rental parking available in the alley behind the apartment
Within 1 mile:
• 0.05 miles from bus lines to Columbia Heights, Downtown and Cathedral Heights
• 0.15 miles from the Metro Red Line
• 0.2 miles walk to Target
• 0.2 miles away to the Rock Creek Park trail system
• 0.24 miles walk to Yes Organic! and Streets Market
• 0.25 miles to the Cleveland Park Saturday Farmers Market (Summer, Fall and Spring)
• 0.29 miles walk to CVS
• 0.6 miles to Tregaron Nature Conservancy trail with a bullfrog frog pond, picnic area, and access to Klingle Valley Trail
• 0.6 miles to Rosedale Conservancy Park, an urban oasis since 1730
• 0.75 mile walk to the National Cathedral
• 0.89 miles walk to James Beard Award winning Bread Furst
• 0.93 mile walk to 2Amy's Pizza
• 1 mile walk to Soapstone Valley Trail Head
• 1 mile walk to Woodley Park
With-in 3 miles
1.53 mile walk to historic Fort Reno
1.69 mile walk to Adam's Morgan
2.15 mile walk to Dupont Circle
3 mile walk to the heart of Georgetown