KING KONG CONDO: Welcome to this MONSTER-sized condo that plays like an elegant two-story penthouse designed for a discerning buyer. Five Star Location. The staircase has custom-made plate steel handrails with a beautiful modern look -- clearly not off the rack. The main level landing features a large coat closet and a bright open floor plan with endless windows and patio doors to capture almost every exposure. Beautiful solid oak floors throughout all levels along with seven foot tall solid-core doors with Baldwin hardware. The Custom features abound throughout and continue through all levels. The chef's kitchen has many high-end features including quality cabinets, massive amounts of storage, luxury appliances, and a large marble-top island with waterfall edges. This space also features a fantastic large pantry and a perfectly placed powder room, with French Doors opening to a spacious balcony with plenty of room for your herb garden, flowers, and your patio set. The kitchen and East-facing windows capture the morning sunrise and are open to the dedicated dining space that can easily hold a table for 12 for your dinner parties. The open floor plan flows to a large living room with new custom built-in bookcases surrounding an awesome hologram fireplace -- all the cozy comfort with none of the maintenance -- and bay window seating. A wide staircase leads to your upper level sanctuary. Custom designer finishes include Waterworks fixtures and Vanities in all bathrooms. A HUGE master suite features 13' loft ceilings, skylight, bay window reading nook (with Washington monument views!), sit back and a private spa bath with an oversized, glass- enclosed marble shower. The walk-in closet is a room of its own with custom built-ins that make use of every inch and adjust to fit your personal requirements. The open hall with a bright skylight includes a full size laundry. The large rear bedroom with room for a King bed and a large desk allows you to work from your home office while still hosting guests in style. A second set of French doors opens to an additional and spacious rear balcony allowing for Zen moments of respite between Zoom calls. Step outside and use the tasteful and unobtrusive fire escape that provides access to your own green roof to enjoy more monument views (and bask in the savings from reduced utility bills) -- or, you can step back inside with a glass of wine after a long day and enjoy the views and fireworks both from the National Mall and our own Washington Nationals from the master bedroom suite. One rear outdoor parking space conveys. All the joys of city-living without any of the hassle and upkeep -- truly turn-key living at its finest.
• Tax Living Area: Over 1889 sq. ft.
• Lot Size: 1337 sq. ft.
• Original Construction: 1900; total renovation and conversion 2017
• Total Taxes: $11,192
• Lot: 0822 Block: 2011
FEATURES & AMENITIES:
• Open and contemporary living spaces with elegant traditional finishes. Beautiful oak floors, Bay Windows, 10' ceilings, (12' in the Master Suite), 7' tall custom doors and an inviting hologram fireplace.
• Chef's kitchen, cooking with six burner gas range, massive center island with marble waterfall edge countertops and is open to a large, bright living room.
• Large defined dining space, formal yet open.
• French doors open to a large rear balcony overlooking your parking space and beautiful city gardens.
• Main level powder room with custom, high-end wall coverings.
• Contemporary oak staircase with flat bar steel custom handrails.
• Upper-level, full size laundry with Gas dryer.
• Large Master bedroom with a giant closet and beautiful bay windows with a sitting area -- a sweet reading spot.
• Rear bedroom suite has great closet space, French doors open to a private balcony with new custom fire escape and access to the green roof.
• The shutters are from Shenandoah Shutters and manufactured in Virginia. The blinds are Hunter Douglas, both are custom made.
• Steps to restaurants, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Navy Yard, Barracks Row, Potomac Yards, Hart, Cannon, Capitol, Gyms, Parks, Churches....
• Three Metro stops, bike friendly streets, riverfront hiking, running and biking trails and jump across the bridge to VA in 7 minutes.
• Second home? Enjoy one key security and leave with no thoughts or worries.
• Very low condo fee, lower than most HOAs and covers Common Area Maintenance, Exterior Building Maintenance, Lawn Maintenance, Snow Removal, Reserve Funds, Gas, Sewer, and Water.